Creately for Fast and Collaborative Diagrams
Looking to draw diagrams online? Want an easy to use web based tool that is fast and collaborative? Then Creately is the perfect solution for you. Creately is an award winning diagram software that is quickly emerging as an alternative to Microsoft Visio. It is very appealing for people who use Visio at office but want the similar diagramming tool at office but don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars for the license.
Originally built to help software teams collaborate online when drawing diagrams, it has evolved into a fully featured diagramming solution that support many diagram types, including business diagrams. So why should you try Creately? Below are few reasons that will get many interested.
• Access diagrams from anywhere – For busy individuals anywhere access is becoming increasingly important. Creately gives you access to your diagrams whether you’re online or offline. You can access your diagrams online anywhere in the world as long as you have access to the Internet. If you’re having trouble with the Internet you can use Creately’s desktop diagram software offline, but you need to pay 75$ for it.
• Low Cost – Compared to expensive software like Visio, SmartDraw and OmniGraffle this is a very affordable tool. Pro plans start at 5$ per month, but if you’re looking to create a quick one-off diagram then the free public plan is also perfect for you.
• Real-Time Collaboration – As mentioned earlier, this is built with teams in mind so real-time collaboration features makes it very easy to work together. Multiple people can share the workspace and work together on a diagram. Real-time means you can see each other changes instantly they made them. Super cool!
• Support for Many Diagrams Types – Creately supports every major diagram type including flowcharts, UML diagrams, network diagrams, Venn diagrams, Business process diagrams, Gantt charts and much more. It’s very useful to create pretty info-graphics as well.
• Drag and Drop Images from Google – This is a real time saver, especially if you’re creating many graphics combining other images. In most cases you need to search, download and upload images to be used with other software. With Creately it’s just a matter of dragging and dropping.
• Smart Objects for Quick Diagramming – One click connectors, auto adjusting lines, ability to lock arrows etc. are few of the smart features available to make diagramming easy and quick. The 1 click create and connect is really useful when drawing flowcharts with multiple flows.
However it does have some limitation as well. Below are some things to consider if you are thinking of using it.
• Supports Only Seven Languages – Up to now Creately only supports seven languages. English, Dutch, French, Spanish etc. This might be too restrictive for some users
• No Visio Import – Microsoft Visio is still the leader in diagramming software, so if you want to move your Visio diagrams to Creately, there is no way to do that. If you have many diagrams you want to move, then it’s better to find a service that allows Visio imports
Creately was launched in DEMO Falls `08 and has shown considerable growth with offices in London, Jakarta and Australia. Their research and development centre is located in Sri Lanka. Creately is an excellent diagramming tool that is affordable to anyone. So start drawing diagrams now by visiting Creately.