Does Your Business Really Need a Blog?
Blogging is a popular leisure activity and there are millions of blogs out there in cyberspace. It is very easy to start a blog, as evidenced by multiple guides such as the one at StartABlog123. You do not even need any cash if you elect to use a content platform such as WordPress or Tumblr. As long as you have the time and commitment to spend producing content for your blog, your readership will grow and before long, you will be a bonefide part of the blogger-sphere. However, what happens if you are a business?
A Two-Way Conversation
Business blogs are slightly different to a personal blog. A business blog is a space to talk about new products or services, offer helpful advice, and discuss news and other topics related to your niche. There is nothing stopping you writing about personal things, but this is not really the best way to approach it.
Blogging is a Great Business Resource
Maintaining a business blog is an invaluable resource if you go about it in the right way. Here are several reasons why your business needs blog.
• A blog is part of building a brand. Give your readers greater insight into the company: who you are and what you do. Customers like to learn more about why you went into business, so enlighten them via your blog.
• Blogging helps your business connect with customers. Post new content and encourage your readers to share comments and feedback. In turn, you can respond, which helps to keep the conversation going.
• Writing regular blog content is a great way to establish your expertise. You can share your thoughts or offer useful advice to your customers on a relevant topic.
• Blogging is great for SEO purposes. Search engines love fresh new content and maintaining a blog is an easy way to keep the new content coming. However, you do need to post purposeful content and maintain a regular schedule, so bear this in mind.
• Boost your social media output with a business blog. Every time you post new content, you can promote it via your social media accounts. You can also encourage readers to share content via social media. Social isn’t everything, but it should certainly be a key part of any SEO strategy.
• Writing a blog helps you to define what your business does and what your philosophy is. It is not enough to write any old drivel. Content needs to target your customers, so it is essential that you put a lot of thought and effort into what you write.
Writing a Blog
Writing content takes time, which is something most business owners and managers have in short supply. One way to deal with the problem is to outsource blog writing to a third party or give a junior employee the task of writing posts. Do be careful to administer some degree of quality control, however.Setting up a business blog is easy, but if you need a helping hand or you don’t have a clue where to begin, check out some resources online.